Monday 6 July 2015

Sunset and Sunrise Mission 2015! (Part 2)

Welcome to part 2 of my 2015 Sunset and Sunrise Mission! Click here if you missed part one.

To recap, the aim is to see a sunrise or sunset in every country we visit. This installment includes China, Japan, Mongolia, Finland and Estonia:

China
I like this photo less for the sunset than the reminder of the fun day Sarah, Rob and I had at the Summer Palace in Beijing. The scale of the Summer Palace is really impressive and there is so many different areas to explore. 



Japan
I was pretty unhappy with my Japan efforts. We never seemed to be at the right place at the right time to capture a sunset or sunrise. Nevertheless, I did see this sunset from a Takayama bridge one evening.




Mongolia
Mongolia certainly took commitment as the days were very long. In fact, we left just before summer solstice so they were some of the longest of the year. The sun would set around 11pm and rise so early that I have blocked out the time.

Here are three sunsets we enjoyed most and one sunrise:
Stormy Gobi sunset
Gobi goat meeting at sunset
Sunset friend in the Gobi

Lake Khuvsgal sunrise 

Estonia
The beautiful city of Tallinn at the beginning of a sunset. 


Fairytale
Finland
The only Finnish sunset that I photographed was on our very last night in Helsinki. Basically I remembered my mission and ran downstairs in my pyjamas to capture a tram in the sunset. A flatter road and this could be somewhere in St Kilda.

Melbourne or Finland?

No comments:

Post a Comment